Monday, February 3, 2014

1+1=1

 
"Dana Miller once told me that your wedding day is one of the most spectacular moments of your life. Not only are you marrying the man of your dreams, but when else do you have all of the amazing people who made both of you who you are together in one room?” This is one of the comments I made to our guests as I stood at the head table.  Dana (Rob’s mom) was so right.  I will never forget how blessed I felt, looking out at the faces of the people we consider dearest to us. Luckily, I don’t ever have to forget what that looked like because my husband captured it on his phone!

Wedding Party is a little blurry, but it is still awesome to have this

I can’t believe it has already been 6 months since tying the knot. What a journey marriage has been already.  Rob getting down on one knee in September 2012 began a series of events that has led to unforgettable memories.  From walking in to a surprise engagement party, planning each detail of our big day, being showered with love and gifts from family and friends, celebrating my ‘last night out’ with my girlfriends, and walking down the aisle, saying ‘yes’ was the most significant word that has ever left my lips.

Many of my most treasured memories from that day are of my father.  To most people he is a man of few words, but he wore he heart on his sleeve that day and showed everyone the man that my family loves.  I’ll never forget….what he whispered in my ear and as we walked down the aisle....how tightly he held me during our father/daughter dance....or the touching message in his speech. 


“You two have been blessed with parents who have been very successful in this thing we call marriage,” he addressed Rob and I, “I am going to let you in on a secret formula for this. It is very simple. 1+1=1.” He is so right. If I have learned anything in the first 6 months of marriage, it is that Rob and I are a team. We put us (our new family) first, and treat each other with the respect we expect for ourselves.

Happy 6 month anniversary, Rob!  I’m so lucky to be your wife and can’t wait to see what this life has in store for us.

A slideshow of some of my favorite moments captured by Tom Adam Photography on the day our two families became one...

 

No comments: