Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Trip To Dubuque

 
We had a fun getaway over valentine's weekend.  Rob and I had spent the week apart as work lead me to Fargo for a conference and Rob visited his company's Madison, WI office. So, we decided to take advantage of a gift certificate Rob's parents gave us for Christmas and meet in Dubuque to stay at Hotel Julien on Valentine's Day.  We had a wonderful night catching up on the past week while enjoying a few cocktails and dinner and the hotel's restaurant.
 
The next day, Rob's sister and brother-in-law, Katie and Curt, joined us in Dubuque at Sundown Mountain for some skiing.  The three of them were Olympians compared to me, but they stuck by my side and picked me up after every fall.  Snow was lightly falling, a band was playing in the lodge, and it was just the getaway we needed to actually enjoy this unforgiving Iowa winter.
 
My favorite picture from the weekend - I failed to get off the lift on time and had to jump!  I can't believe Katie just happened to be taking a picture at the time.

No comments: