Thursday, February 6, 2014

Personalized Handkerchiefs

I have never been so excited to give someone a gift as I was the night of my rehearsal dinner.  It wasn't anything over-the-top or expensive, it was just a simple handkerchief, that carried a personal message.  You may have seen similar projects on Pinterest last summer.  I personalized handkerchiefs for Rob and each of our parents and surprised them with the gift the night before our wedding.
 
I ordered four handkerchiefs online - knitted edges for the ladies and a more manly hem for the guys.  Then, in the month leading up to the wedding I made multiple trips to the sewing center in town.  I had never embroidered anything before, but one of the associates was so helpful and I made sure to come when she was scheduled to work.  

 
Rob knew I was making these for our mothers and fathers, but was completely unaware that I also made one for him...


I'm so happy with how they turned out and it was so touching to see them being used during the ceremony.  By the end of the day, Rob's was covered in my makeup....we decided to keep it that way.

No comments: