Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Book Review: Mistress

Author(s): James Patterson and David Ellis
My Rating: 3.5/5

Murder can be made to look like suicide; suicide can be made to look like murder…

I’m a big fan of Mr. Patterson’s work, so I was really looking forward to Mistress.  It didn't end up being one of my favorites, but it is a thriller with twists that kept me guessing. 

The story follows more-than-a-little paranoid and wealthy online newspaper owner/journalist, Ben Casper.  Just pages into the book Ben watches his friend, Diana Hotchkiss, fall to her death from her apartment balcony.

With the details of Diana’s death kept under wraps, Ben vows to hunt down the truth behind his friend’s brutal ending. This begins a series of events in which Ben himself becomes the target, and uncovers details of Diana’s life that has him question how well he really knew her.

The reader is thrown into Ben’s sporadic mind - constantly interrupted with rambling thoughts and presidential history trivia.  What was at first a fascinating mind to witness, did tend to become overwhelming at times.

A book I recommend for a mystery-lover looking for an easy read.

No comments: