Sunday, December 8, 2013

Gift Wrapping


I got a great head start on our Christmas shopping this year, and while the shopping part is fun, what I really look forward to is wrapping the gifts and placing them under the tree. I may be weird, but there is nothing like sitting on the living room floor, enjoying a glass of wine and watching a Lifetime movie while being surrounded by gifts for all of your loved ones, wrapping paper, bows, tape, and scissors.  This year looked a little different sharing this moment with my husband – a beer and college basketball - but I would not have changed it for the world. 

I had a vision for my wrapping this year and I love how they turned out.  I purchased plain craft paper and red, green, and ivory raffia.  I got creative tying the raffia around the boxes, and finished them off by stamping the recipient’s name on each package. This was very inexpensive and I don’t have to worry about storing leftover Christmas wrapping paper in the closet for the next 11 months!






No comments: