Saturday, December 14, 2013

NewBo

I’ve been so intrigued by the NewBo City Market in Cedar Rapids since its opening in October 2012.  I finally found the time to enjoy it with my mother-in-law, Dana, and sister-in-law, Michele, on a December Saturday.

NewBo is situated downtown in one of the 2008 flood-devastated neighborhoods. Five years later, it is now the home of foodies, merchants, and crafters.  The atmosphere was absolutely electric while shoppers sought out unique holiday gifts for their loved ones, sampled ‘That Salsa Guy’s’ dips, smelled the lavender trees, and refueled on matchless delicacies.  I sunk my teeth into a caramelized onion and blue cheese pizza and may or may not have stopped by again the following day for another serving :)  

There are anchor merchants each week, but with the always interchanging guest vendors, I’ll have a reason to revisit again and again!













No comments: