Thursday, December 12, 2013

Our First Place Ornament

I am the Event Coordinator at our area SCHEELS and recently hosted a free Kids Klub event for customers where we made ornaments to take home and hang on their Christmas tree. 

It was so cute to see all the kiddos working on their ornaments that I was inspired to make my own when I got home that night. I decided on an 'Our 1st Place' ornament made completely out of materials I already had laying around the house.

Step 1: Combine flour, salt, and water in a mixing bowl.  Knead until you form a dough.


 
Step 2: Roll out the dough and use a cookie cutter (or bowl as I did) to cut a circle.


Step 3: Press your house key into the dough.


Step 4: Use a straw to punch a hole for your hanger.


Step 5: Bake at 300 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.


Step 6: Once cooled, put on a coat of paint (optional).


 Step 7: String a ribbon for the hanger.


Step 8: Using a sharpie, write your address.


Step 9: Hang on your tree and enjoy!


No comments: