Sunday, December 15, 2013

Miracle on 34th Street

The classic story of a department store Santa who claims to be the real thing.

Rob and I joined a group of family and friends for a night at Theatre Cedar Rapids for Miracle on 34th Street to benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of Cedar Rapids and East Central Iowa.

I couldn't help but laugh to myself as I realized how my job mirrors character Doris Walker's, event director for Macy's. I'm only days away from welcoming Santa to SCHEELS after researching just the right one back in June (yes, you have to make arrangements that far in advance).  He has to be authentic, preferably have real whiskers, and have a "ho ho ho" for the books.

Kris Kringle's performance stole the show and made even this girl, one who questioned Santa even when I was a little, believe in good ol' Saint Nicholas.

So glad my good friend, old roommate, and bridesmaid Allie could join us! We don't get to see each other near enough!


No comments: